June 21, 2008

Nicky's Fresh Salsa (mild)


8 medium tomatoes (normal for grocery store/medium out of the garden)
1/2 red onion
2 ancient red peppers
3 tablespoons garlic (from the little glass jars)
Whole bunch of cilantro (tops only)
1 lime
Salt to taste

Core tomatoes. Peel lime. Throw it all in the processor together. Add salt slowly. The amount of salt seems to be the key difference in how people like this recipe. Kinda stir it around and pick out any lime seeds you may see or offer a prize to any one who finds one - more salsa. The lime pulp is good for you and keep your salsa twice as fresh as the juice alone.

5 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Hmmmmmm....yummmmm....my senses are all a gaga at the thought of some salsa. Give me, give me.....

Are you all going to Patria tonight?

Nicky said...

No, we aren't going to Patria this evening. Calla just got back from camping (with my parents) and we are resting.

Laurie and company said...

can't wait to try it the official Nicky way...sounds delish!!

see ya soon, peaches,

LY

Jodi said...

Thank you! Thank you! Paul loves salsa, but I've never had a really good recipe. We'll give this one a try.

How did Calla like the Creation Museum?

Laurie and company said...

yup, it's as good as you predicted and I had hoped! mmmm mmmmm.
got any good hints on what to do for the aftermath (breath??)????
Sunday morning and I can still taste it so I know people I talk to you will smell it.

too bad.

had so much fun last night...love hangin' with you and your kiddies!

LY