August 14, 2008

Molly's First Day in First Grade


Dragged herself to the sofa to do morning devotions and fell asleep before I unzipped my Bible cover...

A little more bright-eyed after a refreshing morning shower. Frosted Cheerios - mmmm...

Molly and Mommy on our front porch waiting for the bus...

More smiles...

See her beautiful new backpack that smells like the "Y"...

Spiffy nametag...

Here it comes...

My baby's gone. :-(
I kept my composure all morning, smiled until the bus rounded the corner, walked in the house and bawled like Lucille Ball.
Molly came home and asked if she could go back. That's a good thing, right?
(Hey Laurie, I blogged. Can we be friends again?)

3 comments:

Laurie and company said...

Cute first day of school pix...she looks so grown up.

hey, I like your new background...however did you do that?

you're funny. I just tried to call you.

LY

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I LOVE your new blog look! I'm with Laurie - how did you do it?

I'm glad Molly had a good first day. She looks so big!

Laurie and company said...

ok, so you blog, and then we don't see or hear from you in blogland again for days.

what could you possibly be doing over there?

sheesh.

I'm going to that meeting tonight but I'm not sure about the coffee afterwards...may be too long of a time span for my kids....