June 21, 2012

Rails...and Snails...and Kitty Cat Tails...

This what I should be doing:  
Paying the bills, making my doctor's appointment, washing the dishes, making a grocery list, heading out the door to buy those groceries, finishing the closet organization project I started...


This is what I'm actually doing:
Calla, Molly, Teige, and Katie are visiting that place they visit for 5 long weeks in the the summer and Henry has been bored out of his mind and a little confused. (And I miss them like crazy, so pray for my heart)  I have been keeping the little guy busy as much as possible and that has taken a lot of time and energy, but it has been fun, as well. Jeff has been working evenings for the past several weeks.  

So what's new...the newest member of our family, Peeta Blue.  We have refrained from having a cat for the past few years because Jeff had allergies when he was a boy and we just weren't sure how he would react to one now.  After much begging from the kids (okay maybe a little from me), he said we could try when this free little cutie was offered.  Calla seems to be the only one suffering from cat allergies thus far, but not enough to send Peeta packing.  And you can probably guess what we've been reading this spring/summer.

Kitty Cat Tails
 New camera taken with the old camera.  I think it's hilarious that the old camera finally decided to open it's lens and take a half way decent picture today...
Old camera taken with the new camera... I'm going to be slow as snails learning how to use it though.  I've read 32 pages of 202 in the owner's manual... Here are some shots of Henry (who is ALWAYS ready to pose) I took in auto mode.
For 2 days we have been putting the Geo Trax together and taking the Geo Trax apart, putting them together, taking them apart, putting...you get the idea...

It is so funny that Henry went and got the Zhu Zhu Pets out on his own and put them on the track while I was making lunch...it looks like it's rather enjoying riding the rails...
Which brings me to what else is new...my diet.  After 2 months of being pregnant, losing the baby, and then another 2 months of drowning my sorrows in bacon I have put on about 13 pounds (lost 4 of it already this week!).  Blueberries are the new bacon...One can pretend...

Smooch,
Nicky

4 comments:

Laurie and company said...

You're blogging again! wow!!
Henry...wow! He looks so big.

hope you guys are doing well.

Nicky said...

Wish they had a like button of blog comments :)

Jodi said...

I LOVE having you back on here and having this to share again!!

Let's get together again soon so that I can hold your photo album and really see how you did it!

Blueberries are the new bacon...you make me laugh!

I love you bunches!

Nicky said...

Jodi, I am free all next week. Do you want to sneak to my house for coffee one morning?