November 5, 2010

Let it not snow, Let it not snow, Let it not snow

Snow? Are you kidding me? It is actually snowing and I'm not ready for this kind of weather...except for the fact that it may make my decision to put up the Christmas tree on Monday look more rational. But then again, I have never claimed to be completely rational. Actually, there are many reasons to put up the Christmas tree this early. One: The lights help those who have bi-polar disorder to feel more cheerful. Two: It's a reminder that you need to start Christmas shopping and not put it off to the last minute. Three: It takes so much effort to put the tree up, that you might as well enjoy it longer. Four: Just be happy I waited until November. There have been a couple of years I put it up on October.

I can't believe that I now have 5 children. Henry Alan Zike has now joined our family and will be two months old tomorrow. He has just started smiling at me. I had just about forgot how wonderful a toothless, double-dimpled smile could be. Pretty wonderful. I don't think I've ever stopped to appreciate what it is to be a mother of a newborn as much as I have this time. Maybe because I'm about sure he's my last. Maybe because I know how fast they grow up and become mouthy teenagers. Maybe because I see the wonder of the Lord more clearly at this point in my life. Probably all of the above. It's like falling in love all over again and I'm smittened!


The rest of the kids are doing well. Calla is living with her father...We knew she would have to try it out. She is making honor roll this year and working on being responsible in all areas of her life. I couldn't be more proud of her right now! I started homeschooling the younger kids again, this past summer. I feel like I'm back in my element. Molly is determined and list driven, like her mother. Teige and Katie are developing a love for learning, which is exactly my goal for them on this level. Jeff and I are enjoying our marriage and still are very much the newly-weds. We have been attending Southside Bible Church. It has been such a blessing to be involve in our married couples Sunday School class. Outside of hands-on life training, I have grown the most under the teaching here. Jeff still runs four times a week and we still enjoy home do-it-yourself projects. As for Stickers...I'm returning to the trade soon...so keep on the look out for the announcement!

I'll see you back here Monday for MQM...

smooch

1 comment:

Laurie and company said...

woot woot, she's back, folks. we even get MQM!

Great post, Nicky...as always, I can hear you saying all of this stuff and it makes me laugh out loud.

Welcome, Henry...you join an illustrious band of fine people.

(((Hugs)))