February 14, 2008

Boycott Krispy Kremes - Emily is HOT NOW!


This morning Em got up early to drive all the way across town to get her poor kiddos heart shaped Krispy Kremes. The sign said they would be there. She promised the kids and she strives to deliver. She went through the drive thru to get them and stopped to check to see if the order was right. (In case you don't know, that means she stopped to sneak one, shovel it in, brush the crumbs off, and lick her sticky fingers, AND THEN proceed home. But Wait! What is this? They weren't heart shaped. The drive through line was stinkin long, full of soon to be disappointed people who were there for their heart shaped donuts as well. She didn't want to wait in the line so she gets I.S.J. out of the car and goes in. Mind you, it was really early and she had thrown her hair up in a clip and was still wearing her jammies! She went in and stood patiently in THAT line and when it was her turn she politely told the lady that she didn't get heart shaped donuts. The stupid lady flipped around and snapped at my favorite barista. She said "We had someone quit this morning and we didn't have time to make them." But real mean like. Are you envisioning it? Can you believe anyone would snap at Em? I mean, next to Julia S, I don't really know a nicer person. So she picked up her donuts, walked out, put the donuts in the front seat, strapped in I.S.J., climbed in the driver's side, and broke down into tears. To top it all off, when Scott found out she was getting donuts, he told her about his plans to make her breakfast in bed, which didn't work out because she promised to get the kiddos those stupid donuts. I'm sorry to those of you who think the word "stupid" is a curse word. When Em first told me the story and how she wanted to call everyone and tell them to boycott KK my first response was "I love you but you've got to be kidding-It's KK your talking about" After some reflection I have seen the error of my ways and have hoisted my pickett sign on my shoulder.

Heck No!
Keep your Do!
nuts

Um Still working on the fierce protest chant!

4 comments:

Laurie and company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charmaine said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Poor Emily.

I say we march around chanting..

"All we want is doughnuts,
You don't have to act like butts!
Since we're already half nuts,
Better hand em over, ya lousy putz!"

Aaaah... Shakespearian, don't ya think? Okay, it's way too late and I'm getting dorkier by the minute. G'night.

Laurie and company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry at the Zoo said...

Ahhh....I will join the picket line. No one nicer than Miss E and Miss J. Anyone that picks on them picks on us meaner ones as well. Right girls?