August 18, 2009

Oh, Joy! Keep it!

Today I feel such contentment.

Peacefulness.

Purpose.

Over the past seven months, I have experience a whirlwind of events which has lead me right where am today. Contentment, peacefulness, and purpose. I have learned so many little secrets of the Lord that I'm just tickled to tears. I have been through so many trials, during which God whispered in my ear, "Watch this. Did you catch that? Do you see what I have done for you? I love you." He really does work all things for the "good" of those who are called according to his purpose. By "good" He means our righteousness. And what is our righteousness? It's not our works. It's not our character. It's not even our obedience. It's our FAITH. Faith is the single thing that will catapult you right into the center of JOY. Hmmm...and I thought I could just read a couple of books and get there... Nicky, remember this mountaintop. The next valley doesn't have to seem as low if you will just remain in this Faith.

Note to self:
Get plates for the van
Write doctor's appointments on the calender before throwing away the card.

smooch

1 comment:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Glad to see you blogging again, and happy you are so happy and content!

I miss you!

Hugs,