September 22, 2008

Movie Quote Monday

"What a deeply scandalous thing to say. I insist you take that back."

"Sometimes we don't do things we want to do so that others won't know that we want to do them."

"Do you wonder what your color is? Well, I won't tell you. It's not lady like to speak of such things. You shouldn't have even asked."



Ivy: "...When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?"

Lucius: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night. "

This movie has recently made it's way into my heart and onto my top 10 list. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

smooch

5 comments:

Tory said...

I don't recognize the movie! HELP! I do have some lovely movie quotes, but none that would help identify that one. I don't even recognize the picture or anything.

wv: ymakbqeq (y make BBQ? because it's delish that's why!)

Nicky said...

Tory, It's THE VILLAGE. It's soooooo good and romantic. Aaaahhhh!

smooch

Laurie and company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tory said...

Okay, so I've seen the movie, and I don't recall those lines. Guess the scare factor got me...will have to watch it again. ;)

wv: oajvva (oh, a cup of java!)

Nicky said...

It's really not scary at all if you watch it 4 times in one week. I'm not testifying to the fact that I did that. I'm just saying, if one were to do such a thing then one would not find it as scary.

smooch