December 5, 2008

How does one choose Joy?

Choose Joy? I wanna know how this works exactly. I know when I've experience Joy, I've known and seen the difference between it and it's worldly counterpart, happiness. Happiness happens whenever everything is going great-when the house is clean and the kids are clean and the boyfriend is doting and the arguments between friends are forgotten and when you've had a really good glass of wine and you've had a good bowel movement for the day. [I had to lighten the mood a little] But what about when your life is out of control, when you think that if you could just stop spinning you might be able to catch your breath, but instead find yourself vomiting violently?  I'm searching...Show me, Lord.


smooch

7 comments:

Laurie and company said...

none of us have it figured out...it's a choice daily. we can do all things thru Christ, our strength. I always think of what He did for me, you, my kids, us etc and while shedding tears of gratefulness, I choose joy then...he was split open for me...the very least I can do is bite my lip and choose JOY! happiness is an extra!
just wanted to encourage you...I know things are stressful right now...deep breaths.

Nicky said...

So let's talk about the biting lip thing. Is that so you don't cry? Cause I always feel better after a good cry. Thanks for you're encouragement. Needed it today. smooch.

Laurie and company said...

biting lip = holding in a good cry. like this morning in church.

a good cry is a river to the soul. i've been doing that A LOT lately.

hope things are looking up a bit.

and my word verif is priceless...

SPLAT it doesn't get any better.

Laurie and company said...

ooohh and this wv is just as priceless,

proop. o dear.

ya can't make this stuff up.

Laurie and company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tory said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun...guess, I missed it. For me, choosing joy is consciously stopping those negative thoughts and refocusing to more positive thoughts...like Laurie says, those of Jesus giving his life...of God having to watch His Son die...of having people worse off than myself; especially, those that don't know Jesus Christ as their Savior...that is how I choose Joy! But, crying, I do that a lot...maybe just a few tears, and maybe a flood...but, sometimes, it helps refocus like nothing else can.

Hope you're up to MQM! Later, t

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I think there is a difference between Joy and Happiness and often they are mistaken as the same.

How was your study the other day?