December 1, 2008

Movie Quote Monday

Thanksgiving night it was my pleasure to watch one of the most beautiful films made in the past ten years. Beautiful. That's the best word I can think of to describe it. It was beautiful to look at, to listen to, to feel in your soul. Beautiful. Sitting their in a crowded theatre, I felt all by myself for at least half the show, wrapped in this beautifully delicious movie. I don't remember a time ever being more annoyed when fellow movie-goers drew my attention away from the screen. As I sat and waited for the film to start, there was a teenage girl sitting about 8 rows behind me. She mentioned to her friend that it was the third time she had been to see Twilight. "Crazy teenager, who doesn't have anything better to spend her money on.", was my initial thought. Leaving the theatre, I felt entranced. I told Jeff it was as if I had been to the art museum and experienced a great piece of art. I intend to see this film again before it leaves the theatre. If you are thinking about seeing it at all, go now. As of right now, Playlist doesn't offer any of the movie soundtracks. This first song "Puppet Love" was composed by Carter Burwell, who also composed "Bella's Lullaby" for the Twilight soundtrack.

Here are a few quotes I can remember...


"Hold on tight, spidermonkey. "

"That's all superhero stuff, right? What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm... the bad guy?"

"Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder."

And the last line of the movie:

"No one will surrender tonight, but I won't give in. I know what I want."

smooch

1 comment:

Tory said...

Interesting. I have heard A LOT from others about this movie, and everybody says that it's a good one. So, thank you for sharing. You do make me want to get out to a movie theater. Although, there's no time for that right now. Glad that you got to see it.

Tory

wv: expqnove (REALLY?)