December 1, 2008

Retrospect

The muddy waters swirled with insincere moments
and remnants of half thunk sentiments.
~
I splashed in it for a time in ignorant bliss
as I disregarded the muck on my dress.
~
The first great storm blew in and all was
frozen there for me to see the warning hints.
~
I slipped and fell and was hurt more than once,
while I planned to escape the mess.
~
I decided enough, for our folly had no logic,
and logic allowed no such laments.
~
...I should have chose a better puddle.
NDC 12/08
smooch

2 comments:

Sunny said...

that's good.
really good.
bravo.

Nicky said...

Just a side note. This poem is not about anyone who reads this blog or that any of you know personally. I wrote the first couple of lines because I thought they sounded pretty and had to give it some more history.

Anyone want to build a puddle with me???