November 17, 2008

Movie Quote Monday

It must first be said, on this bitter cold morning in November, that "I believe in Santa Clause." I absolutely do . AND I boldly say "Merry Christmas." I tell you this not to stir up controversy, but to warn you that you that there will most assuredly be pro-Santa/pro-"CHRIST"mas propaganda when you visit with me, here, over the next few months. I will keep the Christmas music to a minimal until the day after Thanksgiving, per instructions from Calla. And now for the quotes from one of my most cherished Christmas flicks

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

"The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on."

.
.
"I'm looking for a girl." ..."Well aren't we all?"
.
"There's no greater gift than friendship."
Several years ago, when the film first arrived on the big screen,
we thought Billy looked like our friend William.
.
"What exactly is your persuasion on the Big Man, since you brought him up?"..."I want to believe, but..."..."But you don't want to be bamboozled. You don't want to be led down the primrose path. You don't want to be conned or duped. Hoodwinked. You don't want the wool pulled over you eyes. Railroaded. Seeing is believing. Am I right?"

"What in the name of Mike?" [That's my favorite quote]
.
At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.
Merry Christmas and smooch

3 comments:

Hannah-Indiana said...

Oh, I LOVE this movie. Do you guys own it? I wish we did.

I like the Mike thing too. Sometimes I'll say the same thing, but sometimes I'll also say, "What in the name of BOB?!" instead. Kinda funny.

I love this Movie quote Monday you do. Very creative. Just wish I could have thought of something like that for my blog.

Hope to see you guys soon!
Hannah

Tory said...

Yay, Movie Quote Monday is revived. I find that Calla wants you to refrain from playing Christmas music too loudly; especially, since all of the stores are already playing it. Hope you had a nice weekend, and a lovely Monday!

T

Jodi said...

i love movie quote monday too! do you mind if i steal it?! lol

Carrie

wv: wallymy- i see Wally (like the movie) and my.