November 10, 2008

Katie is a Hug from God

Happy Birthday, Katie Johanna Conlin. Two years ago, today you were sent to all of us as a hug from God. Mommy sitting here kind of relaxed and waiting for you to arrive. If you they had waited another 45 seconds to shoot the picture, I may not of looked so relaxed.

Here you are all fresh. I love fresh baby, except for all the cottage cheesy looking stuff. That's just gross, but you were the most beautiful, hopeful, little thing I had ever laid my eyes on. So precious.

And here you are already posing for the camera. "Hi. Mom."

I was thinking about how wonderfully peaceful it was to look into your innocent face. What were you thinking? Did you notice that I was wearing earrings? How many women wear earrings and makeup through their deliveries?

Look at you. You were the perfect combination of your big sis, Molly and a Cabbage Patch Kid. I think you liked me.

Oh wait, hold that thought. I guess its time to figure out this baby thing again. How do I get it to be quiet???

Here are Grandma and Barb Merritt, who were by my side through the entire delivery. They were almost as happy to see you as I was.


Here are Grandpa and your big sisters.



Sleep well my baby, for two years from now you will be on your way to discovering the solution for world peace!

smooch

2 comments:

Hannah-Indiana said...

Oh, she looked so cute! Happy birthday, Katie. We miss you!
Hannah

Tory said...

I never did comment on this one, but she was certainly a cutie! Happy birthday, Katie!

Tory