January 23, 2008

The New Rootbeer Float

Jonathan Swift, the author of the beloved children's novel Gulliver's Travels, once said, "Necessity is the mother of invention." (You would not believe how long it took me to find out who said that quote. Then I couldn't remember who he was. So, I had to google him. That's bad isn't it.) I would have to say in my case, sheer brilliance is the mother of invention. If someone else came up with this absolutely, fabulous recipe, I don't want to hear about it. It's my invention. Just like the salsa recipe. Mine, you hear me?

Being recently introduced into the world of soy milk, I decided to start with the vanilla flavor. It is one of the best things I've ever tasted. I kept thinking how much it tasted like Chick-fil-A's icedream. Bingo. Ding. Ding. Ding. Lightbulb moment! So try this out y'all, a half a glass of vanilla soy milk and a half a glass of rootbeer (I like Barq's after a rough day. I like Mugs any other time.) It foams up just a float. Tastes great! You can even do diet rootbeer and fat reduced vanilla soy milk. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Drink immediatly. If you don't the milk and the soda will separate and it looks really yucky. Still tastes good though.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

P.S. My guess is that this would go well with crescents and m&ms. Smooch.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Sounds fabulous! BUT, the healthy gals in our circle of friends say to stay away from soy. It was never meant to be a food as it is marketed today.

Check into it before you drink too much - you know who to call - who the experts are - right? JJ, or AC or YS or JF.

I wonder if it would be just as good with goat's milk or some other such milk?

Laurie and company said...

I commented on this last night but I don't think it went thru.
this sounds very tasty!! I still haven't gotten over the cresents and m&m's, thank you!