January 30, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Recommendation

The New Central Marion County Library (I think that's what it's called - I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) is an interesting, leisurely, and inexpensive way to spend a Saturday afternoon. The architecture is incredible. There are cozy little spaces to nestle yourself into where you could spend hours reading. There are lots of hands on activities for the kiddos and plenty of scheduled classes for adults as well. A few of my favorite things are (1) The main lobby (2) The view of the city from the fourth floor (3) the reading rooms, just up the marble steps off the main lobby (4) Starbucks in the main lobby.

Here's a picture I took of the monument from a window on the fourth floor. I like how I shot the street leading up to it and how you can see far beyond. Let's pretend it's a wonderful magical land far beyond our fair city, not just Nora.

2 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

OK. I've been avoiding it, but maybe I do need to go check it out. Do they do field trips/tours? It would be soo easy if you planned it and invited us along - LOL!

AndrewG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.