January 21, 2008

Rest

Hey ya'll. My heart's still a'beating. Don't worry. Sometimes after being so out there and crazy, I dive hard into a dark sequestered hibernation. I tend to get a little dull and can be a real pill when things aren't going perfectly hunky dory. It's usually such a retreat that yields creative beauty such as the metamorphosis of the monarch butterfly. I do feel such an urge to stretch out my wings and soar today. 70 degrees sunny weather and a baby blue convertible t-bird would be a wonderful accessory for the craving for freedom and exhilaration I'm longing for. But what I want more than anything this moment is to smell the ocean, to hear the ocean, to taste the ocean, and to feel the ocean. It's been about 3 years since I was last with her. She has such strength and power. I feel small next to her. It's a peaceful, restful, sort of small... A "Be still and know that I am God" kind of small. Some people get there from sitting in a forest. Some from a mountain top. Some from their flower garden in the back yard. I can sometimes feel it when I watch my children sleep. Especially the smaller little people when they don't need their diaper changed and they've had a bath before bed. Thank God for those moments of rest. Ohmigosh, I think someone just broke a glass in the kitchen...

2 comments:

Laurie and company said...

I was right there with ya, smelling the ocean and wham! there went the glass...is everyone ok over there?

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Wow! What a vision, then opps! Major jerk back to reality!